Not so happy Friday--updated.

Happy Friday to you all. I woke up this morning and tried to praise Olive for her wonderful job of potty training. Every time Olive does something right she gets a "good girl" treat. She knows what those words mean. When she hears those 3 words she is jumping around waiting for you to drop the treat for her. This morning was a different story. She was not having any of it. She went straight in to her bed and laid down. I knew something was wrong. I asked my mom to come look at her and she thought maybe she was just tired. No way. This is my dog who is a little mexican jumping bean. I went about my way and got ready. I was on my way to take Olive home, and she did not cry once in the car. Again, not like her. Something clicked in my head and I felt her soft spot. Not so soft. I could not really feel it and noticed she was swollen. I freaked out and called mom who said I should go ahead and call the vet. 

I knew we would have to watch her poor head since she has a soft spot. I called the vet and they were able to get us in right away. This meant I had to call work and tell them I would be late. So not like me to "call in". I am so glad they are so caring at my job. Ok, back to the vet. He said she did indeed hit her head, and was swollen. He gave her a shot to try and get some swelling down. We also were sent home with some medicines. I asked if I could leave her at home so I could go to work. He said it was best if we watch her. If the swelling gets too much it could cause her to have a seizure. Thanks, that was what I really want to hear. I called Mikki my office manager and she told me to stay home and treat the baby. I felt so bad for staying home, but knew I needed to watch Miss. O. 

She is doing a little better She is a cuddle bug today. Keep Olive in your thoughts. I hope she does not get worse. I will be devastated if anything happens to her. I am going to get back to my baby. She is laying in my lap as I write this. Have a wonderful weekend. 

*Thank you all so much for your wonderful comments. Olive is doing better. I took her to my parents and she was so happy and back to her self when she saw my dad. It made me feel better about her. I gave her another round of her meds, and now she is laying next to me having a little rawhide. I am sure we are not out of the clear yet. I am just glad she is getting to be spunky again. 

I found a good picture from last weekend that shows my scarf. This is a picture of the Birthday girl and I.


Just wanted to share so you all could see the scarf thing. I love them. I think I will need to wear my pink and black one out tomorrow night with my new True Religions!! Score. I get so excited. I am glad it is turning in to be a happier Friday. Tomorrow is the TECH/KU game. I am SO pumped. 11 o'clock ESPN. Turn it on. I am sure some of you have husbands/boyfriends who like football. Gooooooo TECH! (Sorry Stephanie)

3 comments:

annalee said...

hoping olive heals quickly. so sorry!

christi said...

saying a prayer for sweet miss o!

blessings ~

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

you and tee jay look so fabulous! loves it!

{and I totally love rocking the scarf look too!}