I accepted a new job today. Such a scary thing for me to do. I have been with my present office for two and a half years. I was there from day one when we opened. I have been unhappy with the way things are being ran there lately. I decided it was time to get out. I sent out my resume Wednesday night to six different places. One of them caught my eye, but I wasn't going to get too excited.
Thursday morning at work I got a call. The headhunter wanted to talk to me. I spoke with her for a while. She said she would pass all this along to the doctor and call me if he wanted to meet me. Not even twenty minutes later she called. He wanted to meet me. I met him and his wife at a local Starbucks, and we met. I think I impressed them a little bit. I felt good, but still was not too sure. They told me they would call me no matter what the decision was. Come Friday morning I got a text from one of my friends. She told me they had contacted her for a reference. I was getting excited. Long story short, I had an offer not even twenty-four hours later.
The job is five minutes from my house. There were all positives and no negatives when making the decision to take the job. I was just so scared to tell my boss I was leaving. I accepted the position this morning. I was a wreck all day. I finally went in to give my notice and broke down. I cried, but my doctor took it a lot better than I thought. I am glad.
So, I will continue to be a Medical Assistant-- but I will be working in a dermatology office and no longer in gynecology. Wish me luck. I am so scared and a little nervous about the change. I know nothing about derm.
Fruit Punch
3 years ago





3 comments:
I am so excited for you! You'll do GREAT!! :)
You are fantastic at everything you commit to; this job is no different. You'll be a rockstar! Like I said yesterday, I am so proud that you took a new opportunity rather than staying where it is comfortable. What a growing step for you as well. Congratulations, gumdrop!
You will LOVE dermatology. I worked in a derm office for 2 years as a patient rep and loved it. Good luck! OB GYN is fun but more fast-paced and stressful. Derm is just....chill. Plus, LOTS of free perks if your derm practices cosmetic dermatology as well.
http://www.prettyshinysparkly.com
Post a Comment