College Days

I miss my College days. As I was looking thru an album I came across some College pictures. As many of you know I went to the great Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas. I have some many wonderful memories from there.



I met one of my best friends in the world there. Sarah and I met in Chemistry lab. She was my lab partner. The first time I saw her I was a little worried. She did not look like a sweet girl. We ended up talking and found out we had so much in common. I spent many days and nights with her.



One year my mom came up alone for parent's weekend. It was SO nice to have her around. She always made the weekend so enjoyable. Especially when I was home sick. My mom and I would email and talk at 5 every day on her way home from work. She always sent me care packages and little cards in the mail every few days so I had something exciting to open. Mom & I would always go to Taco Villa when she was in town. To this day if I am in West Texas I still have to go and eat there. Always a favorite!!



Another year both my parents came up to stay with me for parent's weekend. Not as much fun when dad came, because we could not go shopping like we would have liked. Still a fun time going to the games and taking them all over campus and town.



The football games top my list of memories at Tech. I was at every game. We would get there early to get a good seat. I remember one year when we were playing Texas, the line was SO long in the student section to get in. Sarah and I managed to work our way to the front. You see the UT entrance was right next to the student section gate. When the coaches were coming in I was talking so much crap to them. I remeber one coach saying "This is like a super bowl for you guys huh?" I was SO mad. So fast forward to game time... we had signs and DID make it on TV and the best part ever?! WE WON. Tech beat UT. That night was so exciting in Lubbock and one Sarah and I still talk about.



Speaking of football games. In November my sister, her bestie Robbie and I are all traveling to Lubbock for the Tech v. Baylor game. Robbie went to Baylor. Should be a fun road trip. I can not get away from the Tech games. I will be going to them even when I am 80!! What are some of your favorite College memories?

3 comments:

christi said...

hi erin!
welcome to the world of blogging! i came VIA your sisters blog. sounds like your are a die hard tech fan. i didnt go to college so i dont have any stories to share but i just wanted to say hi. hope it is ok if i stop by again.

btw - the bee costume is way cute!! you must post pictures!

blessings ~ christi

Kristi said...

I found you from fab k. I also went to Tech and am so excited about this season!!!

Amanda said...

Taco Villa is my fave too! I live in Amarillo. My husband did his post grad degree at Tech and my brother-in-law and family live in Lubbock so we go to games sometimes. I have never really gotten into football, but college games are way fun!